Salish Wool Weavers Symposium | February 2016 | Suquamish, WA
I had the pleasure of coordinating the First International Salish Wool Weavers Symposium, hosted by the Suquamish Museum. Sponsors included the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Port Madison Enterprises, The Suquamish Tribe.
Highlights of the SWWS:
- 160+ participants from Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Arizona and British Columbia
- Participants attended conference style presentations by weavers, museum curators and scholars
- Participants had the opportunity to attend hands-on workshops with wool weaving instructors
- Participants starred in a a Salish Fashion Showcase and Competition which featured cash prizes and a Viewer’s Choice award.
- Highlights of the SWWS can be seen below (Photos and clip courtesy of Kathy Cadigan (http://www.kathycadigan.com/)
- The full program can be downloaded here: SWWS Program